Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What is Maté?



Mate is the gentle hum of an awakened mind and a vibrant body. It is energy that's balanced, not frantic. The people of the South American rain forest discovered the magic before we did. From these green leaves emerged the tea that sings the body electric. With a llama-load of antioxidants, mate trickles grinning into your system. It won't leave you drooping or demand addiction. Drink deep. You're safe here.


Among other valuable phytonutrients, Yerba Mate contains practically all of the vitamins necessary to sustain life, including vitamins A, E, B-complex and C. In addition, it contains 15 different amino acids and significant amounts of magnesium, calcium, iron, sodium, potassium, manganese, phosphates, zinc, niacin, sulfur, chlorophyll, choline and inositol.
Jorge Weil, MD Monograph, January 2006



Whether in new ready-to-drink bottles, handy bags, loose tea or convenient concentrate, you can have your Pixie Mate and sip it, too. Hot or cold. Strong or mild. Plain or fancy. With flavors from traditional to oh-so-rich-and-tasty. Your pleasure awaits...

I didn't write that...I'm not a spokes person, just a pixie Mommy that needs to stay awake from time to time. I did notice however that I should probably put my full mug of Pixie Mate down if I want to sleep "at all!" tonight. Probably a good morning routine. e and his milk, I with my Pixie Mate! Yum!

www.pixiemate.com is where you can read all about them and make a purchase or two. You can find it locally (I'm sure other places too) at Park Avenue Coffee.

Cheers!

No comments: