Monday, March 31, 2008

2 in 1

I have too much to say so I'm putting two entries into one.

First entry is about e's dream. Well, we think it was a dream...Oh wait! in order of importance! last night was night 3 PACI FREE! Ok, back to his dream...last night around midnight e woke very upset. I went to him, cradled him and was able to get him back to sleep after being ordered to walk around as he nestled himself in my arms. When he woke this morning I asked him if he remembered being upset last night. He said yes and went into reason, e: I fall down at Daddy's house, Daddy came down stairs, I have a hurt right here |pointing to his forehead|. me: Did your Daddy make it better? e: Yep.


So in our normal morning fashion I talked to Scott asking him about this. Wondering if in fact it was memory of having a fall or really a dream. Scott couldn't remember the last time he bumped his head so we think that he must have been truly dreaming it. If in fact our memory (as parents) isn't escaping us, this is pretty neat. e is able at 2.5 to articulate his dreams. I often want to know what that boy of mine is thinking about.

Ok, now on to another subject, entry #2:

Yesterday after Church e and I headed to LaLa and Pop's house. It worked out for me to take him and this was great because I was overdue for a visit. I love the fact that I can take you out to your father's parents house. I love how comfortable I still feel out there and that you can experience going out there with your Mommy too! Not many children can say that e (children from untraditional homes). So just let me say, YOU LOVE IT OUT THERE! You shadowed Pop's every move asking "why" to everything and answering with a very southern sounding "Yep!" (this is new). Just because I am from the south and my voice from time to time will leak this, I did not teach you this and your father and I can't figure out where it came from.

Greeting us at LaLa and Pops was both Grandpas (great to you) and soon to arrive was Aunt Vickie and Brittany. You showed off in the garage (where Pop builds his cars) on the tractor taking it for a pretend ride and then shared a tune, your ABC's. After Pop was finished working we all went upstairs to have dinner and play. After dinner you helped feed Sandy dog (truly wish I would have had a camera). Walking up to Sandy a Samoyed, a Siberian dog with the fluffiest white hair (you are both the same height, weight...not so much) you held a plate out for her. The plate full of steak you decided once chewed you didn't want and a potato peel. She gobbled it up, all but one piece. e: "finish Sandy, one more piece" and then patted her on the head telling her, "good job Sandy" (with slight prompting). Kasey a golden also greeted you at playtime with a wagging tail and nose in the face, you, didn't flinch.

There was a time when you couldn't get used to those two dogs but still loved them dearly to put them at the top of your prayer list. Now you're ready to run and (almost) wrestle with them. Play-time consisted of bringing down a large basket full of toys and tools, you walking around fixing this and that and then hoping up on Pop's lap to have some giggles. I took my usual spot on the couch curdled up watching you play just as LaLa did at my feet.

Thanks for having us out and most importantly making me still feel like part of the family! Love you guys!

Love you e!

No comments: