Tuesday, July 1, 2008

To Grandmother's House We Go

You might want to grab a cup of tea or coffee it might be a long one...

So this weekend was quite special. e started off having a LaLa and Pop day on Friday and then Saturday I picked him up early from his Daddy's house to head to IL for a family reunion. The reunion was for my Grandma, my Mother's Mother. She had many siblings so it was a rather large crowd of people I don't remember ever meeting. It was a nice gathering with many thoughtful touches. They made sure there were activities for the children and for the adults a slide show of photographs that could be copied in addition to a scanner so that people could copy photographs that were not a part of their collection.

My Aunt Pat from CA and Uncle Charlie and Aunt Janice from FL made it putting a huge smile on my Mother's face. Her home was full of people just as she enjoys. It was e's first time meeting both Uncle Charlie and Aunt Janice. He took to them quickly and they both fell in love with his charm.

Now back to the reunion for some sweet e moments. The ride to southern IL was all the nap e got so with a not-so-rested boy and not-so-"organic" foods he wasn't the best boy ever. The sugar in his system along with lack of sleep made for many threats of "punishments". However the good always out weighs the bad because after a couple of adults made their way up to the karaoke machine e wasn't far behind them. I noticed him patiently watching and then he took Grandma's hand and asked nicely if he could have the microphone.

As the crowd settled down to listen and as I held the camera e began to sing his ABC's. After the cheer it was if he couldn't get enough so song number two was Jesus Loves Me, it went a little something like this..."Jesus loves me yes I do". His encore, ABC's again then he said thank you and ran into his proud Mommy's arms!

Sunday was a restful day because I couldn't shake this nasty cold. The family was kind to take e so that I could get lots of rest. Because the day was a lazy one, e was back on schedule with very good behavior. The day consisted of resting and visiting. After too many cough attacks I decided to take advantage of the additional helpful hands and called off from work for Monday. We spent another night at Grandma's house and rested again on Monday. It was great to lounge around and visit with the family.

Some additional fun moments this weekend:
  • After e didn't get his way to go play outside because it was raining he proceeded to tell me that he "needed his exercise".
  • For a majority of the weekend we were lions crawling around on the floor and roaring.
  • We got to watch cable. Tarzan is new on our movie list now.
  • I received a wonderful new film camera from my Uncle a Pentax Spotmatic which will act as a backup to my Pentax K1000.
I will post pictures after I get them developed...yes, developed...I'm still a fan of film vs. digital! I was anxious to use my new camera.

No comments: