Friday, July 18, 2008

A New Addition To Our Family...

...meet Ewan Fish.

Although e's Birthday isn't for several months, I have managed to finish his Birthday shopping and gave him one of the two presents yesterday. Ewan Fish is an early Birthday present. Because of my continued guilt of e not having a pet at Mommy's house (e has Lola at his Daddy's house, a miniature Dotson) I bought him a Beta fish.

Yesterday I had to go see my printer and next door is a pet store. I got in my car, thought about it, drove away discouraging myself and then backed up the car to go in and make the purchase. Yes, that pet store was going nowhere but I felt the need to buy him a fish.

I was able to pick up e from school early. Excited, I showed him his surprise in the car after he was unsuccessful at guessing. First it was "a special treat?" then "a shirt?" so wa-la I pulled out his new fish. After discouraging him to hold the bag of water in the car, I put it back in the front seat safely with me and asked him to think of a name for his new pet.

After awhile I asked him if he had decided on a name, he said:
"Probably I name him Ewan Fish."
Me: "Your new fish's name is Ewan Fish?"
e: "Yes, that's a very nice name."

So welcome Ewan Fish to our family.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ewan Fish has found a good family!