Monday, July 7, 2008

One Of My Most Favorite Moments...And Some

The other day Grandma came over around lunch time and spent the day and evening with e. As you'll see later in the post, they had a ton of fun. After a full day of play it was time for bed. Grandma learned quickly e's routine and if there was a part she would stumble on he was quick to correct her. As she tucked him in he asked about me, he would ask "is Mommy home yet"? Grandma shared with e that she would see to me coming in and giving him a kiss goodnight when I came home.

When I got home I heard all about their adventures and after Gran left I tiptoed into e's room to give him the promised kiss good night. After watching him sleep I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. To my surprise this little boy of mine who was just in a very deep sleep woke with a big smile on his face, said "Hello Mommy" and then quickly fell back to sleep.

I have to say, although it was a very simple moment, it was one of my most favorite moments with e. It was so special.

Love you e.

____________________________________________
And some...

e had a great 4th with his Daddy where he took a boat ride in Forest Park and watched fireworks in Webster Groves, both "firsts".

The boat ride left quite an impression on e. A new game he played with Grandma was called "boat". It requires a quilt a bit of leg strength and if you fall out they'd holler "man overboard". e was quick though to share that you don't do that in a real boat.

Grandma tried teaching e some "knock, knock" jokes. It went a little something like this, "knock, knock, who's there, Mr. Hunt".

No comments: