Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Therapy



I have been thinking a lot about rearranging our home. The opportunities for purchasing another home haven't presented themselves profitable so I'm retiring the thought of a larger home for now.


Our home is lovely but I think I could make better use of the space. I just purchased this book and I'm excited to use it as a resource. I was reading another blog, happy mundane and after reading about how wonderful it is I had to purchase it...perfect timing!

First rooms to work on will be ours. I will switch rooms with e giving him the "master" so that he can have a larger space to play. I will take his room, give it a face-lift and it will become my little haven of peace. I look forward to painting the walls chocolate. If you haven't slept in a chocolate brown room I highly recommend it, it's so cozy! The brown needs to be a blue brown not too warm or it just won't provide the same, ahhhhh. I miss the color palette of my last home. When Scott and I designed the home I tackled color. e's room in that home is the chocolate brown room. Hmmm, could that be why he sleeps better at Daddy's house?...I know, nice try.

I'm excited to rework a mural on his new room wall. I currently have on the walls fly by Blik. I will keep these gorgeous birds up and work them into something magical. I'm pretty certain I'll be transferring the musicians as well. I can hear it now..../angry/ "Mommy. Where. Are. My. Musicians?!" When he is reprimanding his animals (or trying to with me) he punctuates each word to get his point across. When I finish his mural design I'll post it.


I look forward to receiving my book in 5-7 days for inspiration who knows what I'll end up doing to the rest of the house.


1 comment:

Celine said...

i might need to borrow this. it looks cool.