Monday, April 14, 2008

Busted

I realize that most of my readers don't think some of what I write is half as funny as I do. This entry, I'm still giggling. The kind of giggle where you try and be quiet about it and end up snorting cause you can't keep it in. Perhaps one or two of you might see the humor in this one. I can't stop laughing.

I tucked e into bed tonight. I laid with him for a little bit and then (my normal routine) left telling him that I'd check on him in a minute. I go into the living room, get out my computer and head to the fridge for one, just one chocolate bon bon from Trader Joes. These delicious bite size treats are chocolate over chocolate with a chocolate cookie crust. I eat my treat and immediately hear e's little voice calling me, e: Mommy, why you leave me? me: e, nite nite buddy. His voice is getting louder so I go to him to re-tuck.


I lean into him, giving him a kiss on his cheek,
me: Nite, nite buddy.
e: What are you eatin Mommy?
me: I'm not eatin e.
e: I smell somethin.
I start laughing...I'm clearly busted!
me: I had a treat e.
e: You had a treat Mommy, why?
me: Cause I wanted one. Go to sleep buddy.

By this point I'm answering a lot of why questions at the same time trying not to giggle too much so that I make the point properly that he needs to go to sleep. I ended up needing to leave the room telling him I'd check on him again.

I'm sure in his little head he was thinkin....
Yeah, sure Mommy, why don't you go off and have yourself another treat! I'm mean have another nothing! Dahhh, did you honestly think I couldn't smell the chocolate on your breath?

I was officially busted! Nice job e! Nite, Nite.

P.S. I can't stop crying laughing as I reread this. I love those deep belly laughs!

1 comment:

Celine said...

that's real funny! i like how you bolded elliott telling you he smelled "somethin'." freakin' hilarious! xoxo