Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lately...

It has been difficult not having access to post more entries. My intention was to have many more, daily as it had started. We have been busy but without checking in I feel like I'm forgetting a lot of fun/funny moments with e. So what has been going on lately...

I traveled over the weekend and e spent time with his Dad. On Sunday driving back from my retreat I called to check in. e had been sick but during the afternoon was much better, he jumped on the phone and for the first time I heard him say "I miss you". I told him first and then he expressed it as well. At first I thought it might have been just a copy impulse but my "I love you" was met with silence...HA. Where ever it came from, whatever it meant, it was great to hear.

Speaking of saying "I love you" we now put with it "very much" his sounds like "berry much"...and when he says it out of the blue, it's the best!

Speaking of "out of the blue", pretty cute when he expresses "I'm happy Mommy".

His vocabulary is just soaring! As Scott mentions from time to time, when you are away from him it's amazing to hear all the new words, expressions, etc. Some of my favorites are "remember that?", "who does that belong to?", and some of his songs we sing together like "abc's", "the Jesus song" and "Beautiful Moon".

Beautiful Moon is a song/lullaby that I've been singing to him since he was first born. On some vintage flash cards of lullabies I married two and not knowing the proper melodies I made them up in good ol Mommy fashion. Now we sing the song together, he knows all the words and it's quite special.

It's fun to play catch-up! I love you e, very much!

No comments: