Monday, May 19, 2008

Painting Clouds



I've started painting a massive cloud on e's new room wall. Funny, just as I got started I stopped because I didn't have the muscles to move my bed and complete the shape. Also funny that I call a cloud a mural. Anyway...


The switch has started and I'm enjoying putting together what will be our new rooms. I've included e in the process, encouraging him to help move his toys in after I get the large furniture in place. e has demonstrated some frustration to change, it's just his age. When LaLa and Pop brought over our super sized new television and I rearranged the living room to accommodate it, e was not happy. He immediately wanted the couch moved back and the little T.V. in place. All of the transition was done without him so it came as a shock. He quickly moved past the hurt and all is well but I want to be courteous of his sensitivity so I'm including him all the way down to moving a box or two...ya know the fun stuff.

This sketch is what I did simplifying a previous computer mural thought. The computer rendering was much more elaborate but after seeing something similar in a great kids magazine called Wonder Times I've simplified my "mural" to just one enornmous cloud. But because of its size it will make a wonderful statement. I also managed to finish the cuckoo clock that will go above his bed. It turned out great unless you look too close. All the imperfections of the wood really came out underneath the bright orange spray paint but can I call that character?

I'll post pictures of the half painted cloud, looks pretty silly at the moment. I hope to complete everything this week/weekend. It will be nice to see e playing in a room that has room to play in. e and his toys keep getting bigger so it's time to grow into a space instead of out of it.

No comments: