Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mother's Day came early

When booking our trip out West I didn't pay attention that Mother's Day would fall on that weekend away. e and I traveled to San Diego, the La Jolla area to see Aunt Pat. Tia Pina (Aunt Pineapple) Laura Cardenas came over from Phoenix to visit as well. Pat and Pina hadn't seen e since he was 15mnths, he'd changed just a bit.

In discussing the trip with Pat we thought it would be fun to head to the LA area and spend some time with Celia, Mike and Chloe. Celia being the youngest of Aunt Claudette's girls, my cousin, e's second cousin. I love how big our family is (on both sides), that I can share that e visited with his third cousin, Chloe...that's pretty special.

We took the train up the coast and to our surprise the trip which is normally two and a half hours ended up being 8 HOURS! A ruptured gas line kept any train from getting to its final destination. We traveled in business class and had loaded up a back-pack full of food, healthy choices for us all to munch on. Because we were traveling with e and didn't have a car seat or stroller any option to take an alternate route home was out the window. We decided to stay put and take advantage of the roof over our heads, bathrooms, cushy seats and yummy food...oh yeah, and great company. e was an amazing little boy! I was such a proud Mommy!

e is quite the little traveler. He's traveled by plane 6 times and now train, one. He's always made me proud traveling. I grin ear to ear when I receive compliments from strangers on how I have such a good little boy. With this trip out West it was no different. e received many compliments on his behavior and I on my attentiveness to him. I made sure I called Scott to tell him how proud he should be of our little boy.

Highlights of this trip:
  • Visiting with Tia Pina and seeing her new Artesania designs (and purchasing a few)
  • Having some great one on one time with Aunt Pat
  • Celia, Mike and Chloe getting to meet e
  • Meeting Aunt Pat's new "companion", Bob
  • Spending Mother's Day with two incredible Mothers
  • Delicious food at a quaint French restaurant for Mother's Day
  • Getting to see how Celia, Mike and Chloe spend holidays as a family
  • Staying up late and sharing stories about our lives, family and ART
  • Watching Mike work on a stinky project for the Countess
  • Seeing some old high school friends that I hadn't seen since at least 1993
  • Watching e light up as his feet sunk in the sand
  • Spending full days on the beach exploring, resting and just being
  • Yummy seafood
  • Shopping at cute little boutiques
  • e chasing Albert the cat
  • e being a little chatter box and witnessing his vocabulary growing and growing right before my eyes
  • e's thank you's, your welcomes, please and excuse me's just at the right times
  • Butt showers (you'll have to ask me personally about this one)
  • Teddy the dog
  • Home videos
  • Pete's coffee
  • Sleeping on the beach
  • Hermit crabs
  • Rollie Pollie's
  • Chloe's patience with e

I'm sure I've left some details of this great trip out but I think you get the picture. We are so blessed to have wonderful family. A family that is filled with such talent and such love. We are so lucky to have friends and family in fun places to visit. We hope you guys get the chance to come visit us! You're welcome any time.

Much Love to all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i wish i could have been there, too! the pictures are great. i'm happy you had such a wonderful time!!! xoxo