Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Murals

When e and I moved into our new home I decided it might be nice for him to have a common denominator in both his room at Daddy's house and Mommy's house. e's father and I had designed his room with edition prints of music artists from childhood and those we enjoyed. This print in particular I thought would be fun to duplicate in some fashion. Andrew Bird a wonderful musician paired up with Jay Ryan a wonderful illustrator and designed this poster.



I took the illustration of the musicians and projected them onto his wall at the new house and created this room.



Not to long after e's room was complete, I was asked to help design nursery rooms for Jubilee Church. I happily accepted the job and designed this toddler room for them.



Sharpie has water-based paint pens that made these murals very easy to do. You can visit: http://www.sharpie.com

I was inspired by the illustration style of simple lines. After laying out the look in Illustrator I printed out a transparency and projected the trees onto the wall. The animal wall decals found here: http://www.babygeared.com/farm.html now had an environment to live in.

It was a lot of fun creating these two rooms. I hope to soon collaboratively design another room for e's buddy Ewan with his father Karl. I'll post that room once it has been completed.

Enjoy!




No comments: