Saturday, January 9, 2010

Vintage Wedding Design


Design*Sponge is a daily website dedicated to home and product design. I try and make it a ritual to visit this site which gives me creative inspiration. I've been making a list of things to redesign in my own home so I've been frequently visiting.


Today I caught this entry and I'm overwhelmed by just how stunning this wedding is in every detail! Immediately when I saw her dress I thought of my grandmothers dress. I have been blessed by my grandmother to walk down the isle in her vintage treasure. I hope that I can one day wear her dress and even more hopeful she'll still be with us when I do so.

The part of Arlene's dress that I love is her slip. It's simple, elegant and sexy. When I saw this dress I thought how perfect it would be to overlay whimsical flowers and lace over the top. In addition to the dress, each detail of this wedding is perfectly designed. The flowers in various vessels in an array of colors and textures and the little handmade details add a sweet final touch. I could really see myself in this family of photographs, the bride and her new groom look wonderfully happy.

I have high hopes to get back into this blog I share with e. I thought this would be the perfect first entry. Perhaps I will get Gran's dress out and take a photograph of it. I think it would add to this entry and I'd like to have a journal of it. 

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That dress is Gorgeous! Glad to see you back here blogging. Love you girl.