Sunday, October 5, 2008

Great Weekend Started With A Happy Friday

This week was the first of a new schedule at work. I am now working 4-day work weeks. This is truly an answer to prayer...many, many where I would hope for more time with my boy. Even though he is almost 3 (putting his father's and I separation at 2.5 years) I still struggle from time to time with the time we share. Knowing it's amazing time with his father, it's been hard not to have a day with E without any obligations. Our custody arrangements are not the typical every other weekend scenario, my days with E have always been with filled commitments.

Prior to Friday I looked into a tumble class for E. He loves the commercials by The Little Gym. So after doing some research I enrolled him into their gymnastics classes. Friday was our first day and he was truly thrilled. He did a great job. Nervous (only at first) of the tallest balance beam he ran to every aperatus and defeated any fear. He swung on the uneven bars, bear walked on the parallel bars. E did forward rolls with ease and walked the balance beam only having his one hand in mind, the other out and his eyes not focused down but forward. His skills caught his teachers attention. It was a joy to watch him. The rest of the day was spent with his best buddy Ewan. Louise and I look forward to sharing our Fridays and continuing to grow the boys friendship.

This evening after dinner E and I decided to make our own holiday decorations. E loves to get out his scissors.
Our creation:


It was a perfect evening with the house opened enjoying the beautiful fall weather.

E, I had a lovely weekend with you. I look forward to our Fridays together!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so excited for you to get this whole day with your boy. It's going to be so great for the both of you. We have been doing a gymnastics class at the Y this session and Allison has loved it as well.

Jenn said...

Yeah for Fridays off!